The following statement discloses the privacy practices of CarCredit.com. Because CarCredit.com wants to demonstrate its commitment to consumer privacy, we have agreed to disclose our information and security practices.
CarCredit.com Safeguard Policy
When you just visit one of our sites:
We use IP addresses and cookies to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information. IP addresses and cookies are not linked to personally identifiable information.
When you provide us with information:
At three places on our loan application we ask visitors to opt in:
- Consent to contact: We ask for consent to follow up with visitors regarding their application or partially completed application.
- Consent to seek loan approval: We ask for permission to pull credit reports and search for an auto loan approval with banks on our customer’s behalf.
- Third party consent: We ask for consent to provide customer information to third parties, which we feel offer goods or services customers may be interested in, outside of the parameters of obtaining an auto loan.
“Cookies” are small computer files which are automatically placed on your computer’s hard drive when you are connected to a website or remote server so that the website can recognize you upon your return to the website and tailor your experience based on your earlier use of the site. “Action tags” (also known as Web Beacons, Trackers, or Bugs) are invisible pixel .gif files placed on web pages that are used to track web navigation to those pages. CarCredit.com uses a cookie for each computer that visits its site. The cookie is integral to the customer experience and is necessary to use our online services. It allows CarCredit.com to customize the website presentation based on your accounts. While cookies, including CarCredit.com‘s, can be disabled, if you disable our cookie you will not be able to use our website. The CarCredit.com cookie does not collect information from your hard drive; rather, it allows us to recognize you and know how you navigated through our site. It is also part of our effort to detect and stop fraud.
CarCredit.com may disclose information about you to the following types of third parties: CarCredit.com affiliates; service companies (companies that provide services to CarCredit.com in order to process your application); financial institutions, and credit bureaus, collection agencies. Your information is disclosed to the foregoing entities solely for the getting a loan that meets your criteria. Outlined below is the information shared with each type of third party and as appropriate, your options.
• Sharing Information with Service Companies — In order to provide quality service, CarCredit.com contracts with service providers for essential roles in processing your application. We may disclose some or all of the information we collect to these service providers but only in order to obtain credit for you. All of CarCredit.com‘s service providers have entered into a contract with CarCredit.com that forbids them from using information provided by CarCredit.com for any purpose other than providing the service for CarCredit.com customers. CarCredit.com takes security precautions to monitor the use of the information and prevent the use of the information for any other purpose.
• Information Sharing With Merchants — CarCredit.com does not share any information with unrelated merchants for the purpose of extending offers of goods and services without your consent.
• Information Sharing with Partners — CarCredit.com offers its products in conjunction with financial institutions and other businesses (collectively, CarCredit.com Partners). By completing a credit application with CarCredit.com for the purpose of locating a loan that meets your criteria, you agree to the sharing of information with that partner. These relationships are clearly stated in the application and by completing the application you agree to the information sharing by CarCredit.com and the partner which may include: your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and personal financial information.
• Credit Reports and Other Uses of Information — In applying for credit, you agree that we may request consumer credit reports from one or more credit reporting agencies in connection with your application and the administration of such application. You also authorize us to exchange credit information concerning you or your use of the Account with (and answer questions and requests from) others, such as merchants, other lenders and credit reporting agencies.
• CarCredit.com does not knowingly offer its products and services to minors. Similarly, CarCredit.com does not collect information about children. Our application approval process is designed to identify applications submitted by children and to prevent their use of CarCredit.com websites.
Access to Account Information and Correction of Error Questions